Getting Started with SPRHost Network
- How do I login to my hosting control panel?
- How do I login to my billing control panel?
- How do I use the Easy Site Builder?
- How do I create an email address?
- How to receive my emails?
- Why is my site not showing up when I type the domain name?
- What should I do if I selected to transfer my domain name to SPRHhost Network?
- What should I do if I selected to use my domain name without transferring it to SPRHhost Network?
- How do I upload my site?
- Where do I find more help?
http://(your domain name)/cpanel
where (your domain name) is the domain name you have registered. In some cases, such as when the domain is less than 24 hours old, or if you are transferring your domain name, this may not work, yet.
Will present you with a small window, prompting you for a username and a password.
Use the username and password you received when you set up the account.
Once you have your username and password entered, click the "OK" button, and you will be logged into your hosting control panel.
Return to top
Log into your hosting control panel, using either method described above (See "How do I login to my hosting control panel). You will see an icon labeled "Easy Site Builder". Click on this link, and it will open a new window. You will be prompted for a user name and password, which is the same username and password you used to login to the hosting control panel. Once logged in you will be able to follow easy step by step instructions on building your website from scratch.
Return to top
Log into your hosting control panel, using either method described above (See How do I login to my hosting control panel). You will see an icon labeled "Email". Click on this link, then click on "Manage/Add/Remove Accounts". Here you will see another link named "Add Account". Click on it. You will be taken to another screen with several options. The options are:
For email, choose the suffix that will come before the info@YourDomainName.com. If you want to make the email account for a subdomain, on the right of the Email section click the drop down box and select the subdomain. Otherwise, move on.
The password box is where you will input the password for this email account. You should always use a combination of letters and numbers to make your passwords more secure.
The quota section is where you will set how much diskspace this email account is allowed. The default is 125 mb and you can leave it at that or adjust it to however much you want.
Now, click Create at the bottom of the page and it will take you to another screen that has all the information for the email account and how to login. Your new email account is now created and ready to begin accepting email.
Return to top
You can read your email via Webmail, which is an online free service similar to Yahoo or Hotmail. To login to Webmail go to "http://yourdomain.com/webmail" .
The username is the same as the email address, but with '+' instead of '@'. For example, if the email address was "info@YourDomainName.com", then the username is "info+YourDomainName.com".
Use the password you created for this email address. (see "How do I create an email address?")
With Webmail, you can use your choice of three Web mail programs: SquirrelMail, Horde, and Neomail. The one you should use depends on your preferences. Play with all of them for a while and see which one you like. You can access each by just clicking on the one you want to use.
For Neomail, if it's your first time using it, you will need to go through a short and quick process for setting it up. Just follow the directions given. Horde also requires you to answer a few questions. Login again once you click on the link, since it has a separate login process.
- To setup Outlook, click on "Tools" in the menu bar, and then click on "E-mail Accounts".
- Form the options give, choose "Add a new e-mail account", and click "Next"
- From the list of Server type choose "POP3". Click next.
- Now you will be asked for some account details:
Your Name: Your full name E-mail Address: Your Full email address Username: Your email address is the same as you email address, except with '+' instead of '@'.
For example if you email address was firstname.lastname@example.org, you username is johndoe+mysite.com
Password: Enter the passowrd as set when you created the email address in CPanel. Incoming mail server (POP): This is the same as you domainname. Outgoing mail server (SMTP): This is the outgoing mailserver of your ISP. Contact your ISP for more details.
- When you have finished entering all the detail, you can click the "Test account Settings" button to check that it all works.
- Click on "Next", and then "Finish" to save the changes.
- If this is a new domain, it may take up to 24 hours for that domain to become recognized globally. Please wait 24 hours, and if you are still have difficultly contact support.
- If this is not a new domain, and you have to make sure that the SPRHost Network's name servers are listed as the nameservers for your domain.
- You should also try clearing the local DNS cache. If you are running Windows, open "Command Prompt" by clicking on Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt and then type "ipconfig /flushdns"
- Please logon to your domain name account with your existing registrar and unlock the domain name.
2. Authorize the transfer:
- We will e-mail the current domain registrant contacts for authorization, please make sure that you have access and that you check your current contact email address as it is listed on your domain name. You can check the current information listed on your domain name at http://www.whois.sc/
- If you are not sure what to do, send your user name and password to email@example.com and we will do it for you.
- If you do not have your user name and password, please contact your registrar and request it.
What should I do if I selected to use my domain name without transferring it to SPRHost Network?
If you did not choose to transfer your domain to SPRHost Network, you will need to update your domains' name server details with your registrar. The name servers your domain should 'point to' are:
- Open Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE).
- In the address bar type "ftp://(yourdomain)", and click on "Go".
- You will probably see a listing of 2 folders, mail and pub. This is the public area of the server. Now you have to login, or tell the sever who you are.
- Click on "File" in the toolbar, and then click on "Login As..." in the drop-down menu.
- You will be asked for a User name and Password. Use the username and password that you were sent for your Hosting account. When you have them entered, click "Log On".
- Now you should be logged in. The list of folders will change and you will probably see folders like mail, tmp, public_ftp, public_html and www. Your web site should be placed in the www folder. To open the www folder, double-click on it.
- To upload files, simply "drag and drop" them into the window. files from your computer will be uploaded to your website.
2. FTP Software
- Using FTP software is far easier when uploading a site. There are many free FTP clients available on the Internet. Any one should work fine. To configure FTP software you will need the following details:
FTP server: (your domain name) Username: The same as your control panel username Password: The same as your control panel password
If you get any connection errors, be sure to use "passive mode" and use "plain text" authentication.
- Some popular FTP Programs are:
Where do I find more help?
Please visit the SPRHost Network Hosting Help Center at: http://www.sprhost.com/
There you can browse through our "Frequently Asked Questions" section. If you cannot find the answer to you question there, feel free to open a support ticket, by login into your billing control panel (See "How do I login to my billing control panel").
Return to top